An Avaya Business Partner in Midtown supporting hedge funds and law firms is looking for a Voice Manager to be responsible for Avaya telephony solution design and the day-to-day technical operations of the Voice department.
- Define, plan and design innovative enterprise-wide connectivity, collaboration, and voice platform infrastructure solutions, including integrated financial analysis of technical alternatives to meet business/operational requirements.
- Interface with Avaya on business partner related matters such as:
- Training and certifications
- Contracts and Business plans
- Sales authorizations
- Successfully negotiate technical design and deployment strategy with internal clients and peers.
- Define product standards, configuration standards and solutions for enterprise voice systems and contact center solutions.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for escalation on voice related operational and implementation issues and well as to facilitate the integration of voice systems with business applications and to optimize the use of carrier services while maintaining appropriate security.
- Assist in the creation of proposals and approve all PBX designs and follow up on purchase and inventory.
- Supervise project management through routine meetings and checkpoints.
- Monitor on ongoing Client support including tickets and VSA maintenance.
- Maintain staff by:
- Recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training Employees;
- Maintaining a safe and secure work environment;
- Developing personal growth opportunities.
- Provide leadership for Employee relations through:
- Effective communication of job expectations;
- Planning, monitoring, and appraising job results;
- Coaching, training, counseling, and disciplining employees;
- Developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Review daily staffing and work load schedule in order to plan work and personnel assignments for technicians; manage departmental time entry approval for hourly Employees.
- Establish strategic goals by:
- Gathering pertinent business, financial, service, and operations information;
- Identifying and evaluate trends and options;
- Choosing a course of action;
- Defining objectives;
- Evaluating outcomes.
- Review monthly departmental revenue providing recommendations to maximize ROI whenever possible; monitor future departmental impact and needs based on predetermined metrics.
- Accomplish financial objectives by:
- Forecasting requirements;
- Preparing an annual budget;
- Scheduling expenditures;
- Analyzing variances;
- Initiating corrective actions.
- Maintain quality service by:
- Enforcing quality and Client service standards;
- Analyzing and resolve quality and Client service problems;
- Identifying trends;
- Recommending system improvements.
- Act as Client point of contact for escalated matters and issues which require Management assistance or intervention.
- Perform hands-on technical work on escalated Voice matters; refer major hardware and/or software issues or defective product issues to vendors or department Management for service.
- Ensure that Voice projects stay within agreed upon budgets and timeline
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of hands-on experience.
- At least 10 years of experience in Project Management and installation and troubleshooting of Avaya telephony and LAN/WAN environments.
- Experience managing complex technical development projects involving integration of multiple systems.
- Good understanding of existing network programs and capabilities.
- Experience with wire code, cross-connect, station Jack and patch panel assembly and troubleshooting.
- Experience and understanding of common Telco circuit types, handling and testing.
- Advanced experience and understanding of SIP, H.323 and Legacy telephony infrastructure.
- Experience and understanding of the following hardware platforms:
- Avaya, Cisco, Acme Packet and third party telephony products.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of Avaya core products and Avaya roadmap.
New York, NY
New York, NY