Our client, a technology solutions provider in New York City, is looking for a Lead Cable Technician to oversee structured cabling projects at client datacenters and offices throughout Manhattan and the boroughs. This is a role that requires not only leading teams, but also working as a hands-on member of the team.
- Install servers and data center hardware in data center and IDF cabinets as needed.
- Deploy, setup and maintain enterprise grade hardware from various manufacturers as needed.
- Install (and remove) racks, shelving, power strips, rails, cable management within data center and labs as needed.
- Attend project meetings with client, general contractor and trades.
- Assist the Project Manager to manage multiple projects and project teams simultaneously.
- Identify the number of resources/technicians and tools required to complete the project.
- Coordinate delivery of materials and tools either at the customer site or at company warehouse.
- Plan the daily project work schedule, provide project updates to account managers and track time for all technicians through the completion of a job.
- Maintain relationship and effective communication with the client to ensure all project driven requirements are met and understood.
- Coordinate client training and post-cutover support.
- Track all job change orders.
- Ensure all pictures and other deliverables are sent after the job is complete and organize all on our internal drive.
- Identify, track and communicate issues to appropriate management levels to help ensure a timely problem resolution.
- Help mentor our technician trainees in our apprentice program.
- Minimum of 5 -7 years of structured cabling experience and experience terminating and working with Cat 5, Cat 5e, Cat 6, fiber, RJ45, RJ11, and T3 terminations.
- Familiar with Copper/Fiber Optic Testing/Cabling Standards, and have experience testing with a Fluke Meter for Cat 5, Cat 5e, Cat 6, fiber Multimode and Singlemode.
- Experience operating in large-scale data centers and enterprise office buildings.
- Experience managing and training teams while onsite performing project driven initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills and dedication to customer service.
New York, NY
New York, NY
San Francisco, CA