Our client, a technology provider to the financial services industry, is seeking a Product Owner to lead the Agile teams developing digital desktop and mobile applications for the company’s fully managed, cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution engineered to deliver communication services, collaboration tools, and innovative new capabilities for the global financial markets community. This role can sit in either the Florham Park or Jersey City office.
- Contributor to the product vision and features. Responsible for backlog prioritization for the Agile Release Train (ART). Act as a proxy for the product manager in the agile development process.
- Defines the iteration plan for each Sprint. Responsible for the creation of stories associated with each feature.
- Drives the goals and objectives for each iteration via the prioritized stories
- Establishes the acceptance criteria for each story including providing examples of how the feature/enhancement will be used by customers. The acceptance criteria will need to define the boundaries and extent of testing required for each feature/enhancement
- Refines feature content and user stories through interactions with Pre-sales, Operations and customers as needed to ensure a quality deliverable meeting the expectations of the business
- Participates in Team Demos and retrospectives and drives continuous improvement through the development teams
- Leadership and management capabilities required to lead a team of developers
- The ability to make solid fact-based decisions based on overall business priorities that can be supported and justified to the business and executive teams
- Technical capabilities and knowledge needed to lead the development related to a feature or enhancement
- Be able to participate and lead meetings customers on the specific features/enhancements that are being developed or implemented by their teams
- Embraces lean and agile principles and operate as servant-leaders to empower their teams to deliver value in fulfillment of business objectives
- Extensive experience interacting with and presenting to clients in a business analyst or similar technical role
New York, NY
Jersey City, NJ