The Senior Developer is responsible for 1) leading architecture and implementation of web, mobile, desktop, embedded, or physical computing projects 2) participating in code reviews and brainstorms 3) contributing to company R&D program and 4) helping to spec and price projects.
Our application development group works mostly in Ruby with Rails 3 (on JRuby); PHP5 with Yii; iOS; and Android. We also hack on tons of Node, Flex, JS, Java, HTML5, and sensor-based or physical computing platforms.
We work in a ScrumBan style, collaborate intensely with clients, and all act as full-suite product tinkerers – from coders to designers to product managers to dev ops. We believe in TDD/BDD and make sure our CI stays green. We’re obsessed with great user experience.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Understand classic design patterns for application and enterprise and design systems pragmatically
- Collaborate with CG and client teams to deliver high-quality, test-driven implementations in at least one of: PHP & Yii; (J)Ruby & Rails; Python & Django; iOS; Cocoa; Android; HTML, CSS, and JQuery; Flex
- Product Consulting
- Participate in pre-sales brainstorms, assessments, planning and architectural sessions, and iteration planning sessions
- Act as a user advocate when appropriate
- Provide lower-cost or lower-risk alternatives to proposed solutions
- Think strategically and share strategic insights with clients and team
- Excellent skills and thought leadership in one or more of: PHP & Yii; (J)Ruby & Rails; Python & Django; iOS; Cocoa; Android; HTML, CSS, and JQuery; Flex
- Node.js, Twisted, Three20, RestKit, frAPI, Sinatra, Java, and grid systems a plus
- Understanding and appreciation of adaptive development methods (agile and lean)