Director of Telecom Operations
- Lead global team responsible for end to end VOIP operations, operational metrics, performance, high-availability, reliability, emergency response.
- Direct Telecom Operations, Carrier Relations & PSTN Gateway teams.
- Work closely with engineering teams and vendors to ensure delivery and SLA objectives are met for all VOIP operations.
- Define and lead periodic execution of service infrastructure HA, Failover, Reliability, Emergency response and Security for global footprint (multiple jurisdictional).
- Lead major customer and partner facing audits, capability validation and compliance regulatory functions.
- Lead Master Service Agreement negotiations with existing and new service providers and vendors. Primary focus on pricing, service levels, licensing, and terms and conditions.
- Responsible for all internal and external telecom related capacity management process and teams, including carrier IP trunk groups, internal telephone server, media gateway and session border controller capacity and bandwidth.
- Ensure that voice network maintains QOS within the required metrics, and periodically define such metrics in accordance to current best in market benchmarks.
- Own Change Management for all telecom related software and hardware releases.
- Contribute, review, and approve VoIP architectural changes and roadmap.
- Engage with internal Legal & Finance teams to move through the contract process quickly to bring new service providers online.
- Review and maintain service provider & vendor adherence to all SLA’s & Service Agreement.
- Execute daily, monthly & annual reporting of typical telecom metrics (ASR, busy hour, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, EE or other Engineering Program
- Master’s in Business / Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 15+ years experience working in the telecommunications industry in similar positions with increasing levels of responsibility
- Results driven, creative, persistent, quality driven with a strong commercial business sense.
- Experience managing both remote & local teams of at least 40+ personnel.
- Project management experience for large & small-scale operations roll outs including budgetary responsibilities.
- Proficiency engineering large scale TDM and VoIP production networks.
- Understanding of data and voice services and the underlying technology.
- Expert knowledge of VoIP & PSTN protocols. (SIP, SIGTRAN, MGCP, RTP, SS7, etc)
- Experience in supporting mission-critical 24×7 Telecom & Network services
- Experienced in drafting, negotiation contracts, request for proposals and requests for quote.
- TCP/IP protocols suite, 3GPP/3GPP2, IMS/NGN, SIP/SDP, STUN, H323, MGCP, BGP, HSRP, OSPF, DNS, SIP, RTP Session Controllers,Proxies and Media Gateways – SER/OpenSER, Asterisk, Broadsoft, Cisco Call Manager (CUCM), Unity, Metaswitch, Sonus, Sylantro, Coppercom, Nortel C2K, BEA Weblogic, Acme Packet, Nice, Verint.