New York, NY
We are searching for an Operations Manager to for our client’s electronic trading and IT infrastructure.
- Managing a team of 3 engineers, based in the US, that manage multiple work streams across a broad range of technology’s supporting financial trading systems at data centers and remote sites.
- This role requires excellent operational, customer facing and management skills as well as working closely with off shore partners, to deliver incident support plus implementation/enhancements to a level that is considered best in class.
- The main technologies involved are Juniper, Linux, Citrix, Microsoft and VMware.
- Key day to day management of major trading production systems will be core component of your role, with the maintenance, evaluation, development and support of the Linux environment that supports these systems.
- Manage all incident, change and request tickets to ensure SLA compliance and customer/end user satisfaction across multiple technologies and service lines.
- Ensure alarms from monitoring systems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure overnight batch schedules are completed.
- Manage end users escalations.
- Effectively manage process for successful transition into production environments support to include Support, Customer and Delivery sign off together with documentation where applicable.
- Develop and embed ITIL discipline across all functions to ensure best practice
- Manage teams including implementation of quarterly performance review
- Manage process with 3rd parties to ensure compliance, SLA delivery and good working relationship.
- Reporting to measure KPI’s to be agreed for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Best Practice Development – on an ongoing basis.
- 2-3 years experience of technical team management.
- Knowledge and experience of design/architecture solutions based on Red Hat derived products and technologies.
- Knowledge of and experience with HP technologies, hardware and software i.e. DL3xx, DL5xx, C7000 blade chassis and BL46x blades.
- ITIL experience, exposure and development of processes a must.
- Excellent management skills
- Organised and structured
- Strong operational skills in a support environment.
- Excellent client facing experience with good communication skills.
- Experience of managing geographically dispersed technical teams.
- Proven Process change & transition experience.
- Will be required to be on an on call rotation which will be managed by this role.
New Job Listings
New York, NY
New York, NY
Search by Job Type