Our client’s Cloud team is looking for a talented, experienced and self-motivated Senior Engineering Manager to lead and be responsible for the entire cloud team’s design, development and productivity. This candidate must have experience successfully managing a development team that has delivered customer facing SaaS products. Previous roles should include leading a micro-service architecture on Microsoft Azure to deliver rich and responsive web interfaces. This position requires interaction with marketing and business stakeholders to deliver and drive specifications based on their requirements. This individual must be enthusiastic about incrementally adding customer value, poised to proactively meet and exceed the marketing and business requirements for our cloud-based initiatives. This role can be based in NJ or TX.
- Recruit, mentor, coach, and build effective world class software engineering teams.
- Experience leading a microservice architecture on Microsoft Azure to deliver rich and responsive web interfaces.
- Daily management of objectives, priorities, tradeoffs, risk and performance management of all reporting staff.
- Provide technical leadership, career development, motivation and mentoring to team members.
- Works closely with senior management to plan and execute projects.
- Ensures corporate objectives are met by studying existing technology architecture, evaluating alternatives, and writing detailed technical requirements.
- Oversees the delivery of designs and projects within budget, schedule and quality guidelines.
- Drive the team in an agile development process with bi-weekly production deployments to our cloud infrastructure.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent. M.S. preferred.
- 15+ years of relevant experience.
- 10+ years of management experience.
- Experience with managing a development team locally and abroad.
- Proficient analytical skills to resolve complex problems.
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced interactive development environment.
- Experience designing reusable architecture with well-defined interfaces along with an understanding of tradeoffs.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze risk factors and take mitigation steps to reduce impact.
- Experience working with business stakeholders and delivering specifications based on requirements.
- Must be persistent, possess strong problem-solving skills, and be willing to work with others to find solutions that avoid project stalls.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, and creative. Have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce quality applications.
- Superior written communication skills to develop strategies, policies, standards, templates and related technical materials.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented development principles, data structures and algorithm design
- Experience in developing customer facing SaaS products
- Experience developing products with Microsoft .NET
- Experience with Microsoft Azure as a platform
- Experience with no-SQL database technologies
- Experience with Agile and Continuous Integration methodologies
- Framework: Microsoft .NET (CLR), Azure Cloud Infrastructure
- Languages: C#, .NET
- Others: XML, JSON, REST API
- Source Control: SVN, GIT
- Tools: JIRA, JAMA
- Experience with Snowflake is a plus
- Working with Devices is optional but preferred
- Knowledge of development in C++/Java/ActionScript is optional
- Knowledge of networking is optional but preferred
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org